Ecrotek 550l Sugar Mixer & Dispenser
SKU / EMD550L
The Ecrotek Mixer / Dispenser is a tall baffled tank with a small footprint, designed to fit compactly on the back of a truck or ute, making feeding out fast and efficient. The unit is specifically designed for dissolving solid sugar into water at the concentration you need. Baffling in the tank makes liquid more stable in transit. Baffles don't restrict mixing as internal hoses spread the flow in the tank.
Please note: Maintenance for the dispensing nozzle is required. An instructional video can be found under the videos tab.
The Ecrotek Mixer / Dispenser is a tall baffled tank with a small footprint, designed to fit compactly on the back of a truck or ute, making feeding out fast and efficient. The unit is specifically designed for dissolving solid sugar into water at the concentration you need. Baffling in the tank makes liquid more stable in transit.
- Simply add bagged sugar and warm water – the pump will do the mixing. Once mixed, switch the motor to dispensing mode and feed out your hives! Also available in a dispensing only model.
- 3-way valve to move quickly and easily from mixing to dispensing
- Slimline 550 litre Baffled tank
- Powerful and reliable Honda GX160 2-inch pump
- 20m 1 inch hose for rapid filling of feeders.
- Strong galvanised frame/skid for forklifting
- Convenient dispensing nozzle
- Large 450mm vented lid to allow easy access and delivery of solid or liquid sugar
- Capable of mixing 2:1 sugar to water using hot water
- Dimensions 1790/1840mm (Dependent on Model) (L) x 640mm (W) x 1150mm (H)
Please Note: Lead time is 2-4 weeks
- Fill the tank with warm water to the required level
- Start the pump
- Empty the required sugar into the top of the tank – should take less than 20 mins
- Leave the pump running till the syrup is completely dissolved or it finishes a full tank of petrol.
- Rinse with fresh water after use – do not leave sugar syrup in the system
- Follow service instructions provided
- Store away from direct sunlight
- Clean system with fresh water after each use
- If not using for an extended period, recommend running with a light bleach (chlorine) mix when finished use, and again before the next use
Please note: The unit supplied to you may differ slightly from the image shown, depending on your specific requirements.
Alert Level 3 Update
Our Christchurch branch will be open for collections and deliveries from 12 August. Under Alert Level 3 beekeepers do not need to register with MPI and on-commercial (hobbyist) beekeepers can continue to operate their hives. APINZ has published FAQ’s and operating protocols for commercial and non-commercial beekeepers that need to be adhered to when beekeeping under Alert Level 3. View these here: https://apinz.org.nz/covid-19/