Hive Doctor Smart Bottom Board with Triple Entrance Disk
SKU / HDBV2TD
Adaptable and functional UV resistant bottom board with a low profile for stability and sturdiness, and multiple entrance options!
Adaptable and functional UV resistant bottom board with a low profile for stability and sturdiness, and multiple entrance options
- Straight sides and ends for easy palletising, and strapping multiple hives.
- Screw holes for securing to pallets.
- Locator slots through centre of base for Emlock hive strappers.
- Locating lugs to secure your hive box, and rigid design to prevent bowing
- Universal entrance space to allow future functionality, eg. pollen traps, varroa control, and other wasp control.
- Deep floor with great venting (21% ventilation), with the ability for venting to be closed off with pest trays.
- Triple disk entrance for a choice of entrance options (Disk colour may vary)
- Bar entrance reducer available seperately here slots in front of the box, and can be flipped to either close or reduce the entrance, and stored in the front holding slot.
- Dimensions: 53 x 40.5 x 5cm
Detachable pest trays available separately here.
For more information click here to download our Instruction Guide.
About the Smart Bottom Board
Original / Smart Bottom Board Comparison
NOTE: When using pollen patties, place patties carefully on the top bars of the hive, ensuring no pieces fall through to the bottom board. As with any food product, these pieces may attract rodents which could result in damage to the hive.
Essential Services Update
Ecrotek is committed to supporting our industry through this difficult lock-down period and beyond, however there are limitations on supply based on government definitions of essential services.
According to ApiNZ guidelines and protocols, Hobbyist or non-commercial beekeepers need to recognise they do not qualify to continue their normal activity under the Government’s directive that only businesses providing the ‘essentials of life’ should continue operating. However, managing disease, especially varroa and preventing starvation is however an animal welfare issue, and hives can still be managed for this purpose.
Please keep this in mind when ordering product through Ecrotek during this lock-down period.