Liquid Raw Sugar 67 Brix 15L
SKU / SUGARLIQ15L
High quality refined liquid sugar manufactured by Chelsea, New Zealand’s largest sugar providers. Quick, convenient, and ready to go. Perfect in the winter months, the sugar serves as an alternative food source for when the bees cannot forage due to the poor weather!
High quality refined liquid sugar manufactured by Chelsea, New Zealand’s largest sugar providers. Quick, convenient, and ready to go.
NEW 15L size makes feeding much easier and is perfect for smaller or backyard beekeeping operations.
- Pure cane sugar
- Ready to use, dilute, or add to other bee nutrition supplements
- Provides hives stores after harvest, winter supplies, or emergency support year-round if stores and natural nectar supplies are low
- Liquid Sugar is easy to use, and perfect for use with top and frame feeders.
- 15L Refillable food grade container
- Weighs approx. 20.7kgs
- BRIX: sugar per 100mls of water – 1 BRIX is 1% sugar
Handy Feeding Tips for best results
- Keep your hives as level as possible, so your bees have easy access to the syrup and you have less waste.
- Ladders or ramps will help protect your bees from drowning.
- It’s best to feed your hives early in the morning, to avoid attracting ‘robber’ bees. Keep a fresh water landing area near the hives – bees get thirsty too!
Dealing with Varroa mites
- If you’ve already fed your hives before treating them for Varroa, you won’t need to remove the feed.
- It’s better not to add feed after you’ve started treatment, to avoid disrupting your hives more than necessary.
Alert Level 3 Update
Our Christchurch branch will be open for collections and deliveries from 12 August. Under Alert Level 3 beekeepers do not need to register with MPI and on-commercial (hobbyist) beekeepers can continue to operate their hives. APINZ has published FAQ’s and operating protocols for commercial and non-commercial beekeepers that need to be adhered to when beekeeping under Alert Level 3. View these here: https://apinz.org.nz/covid-19/