Apitraz Easy Varroa Strip - 10 Pack
SKU / APITZPKT
Apitraz is a highly effective, easy to use varroa treatment that’s kills over 98%* of mites. When seasonally rotated with Bayvarol, Apitraz offers an easy to use, fast and efficient way of controlling Varroa mites in your hives throughout the year. A favourite among 100's of commerical beekeepers and used in over 20% of New Zealand's hives.
Pack Size: 10 individual strips per packet - treats 5 brood boxes
Carton Size: 420 strips (42 packets of 10) - treats 210 brood boxes
Apitraz® is an Amitraz based product for the treatment of Varroa Destructor in Apis Melifera. Treatment with Apitraz requires you to use two easy-to-use strips per brood box this will provide the correct dose to eliminate Varroa and prevent resistence from occuring.
- Quick to install - fast and easy self-hanging mechanism, simply fold the two tabs and insert.
- 10 individual strips per pack. No tearing required. Save time and hassle.
- 10 week treatment period*, which can play a key role in reducing reinfestation
- Kills up to (or over) 98% of mites in a single treatment
- Designed for fast and efficient in-hive application
- No residue build-up in wax
- Ideal for seasonal rotation with Bayvarol
- Each strip contains 500mg of Amitraz – a substance highly toxic to Varroa but safe for bees and queens
- Slow release polymers ensure effective distribution of the active ingredient throughout the hive
- 2 week withholding period - this means you need to wait 2 weeks after the treatment has been removed before putting on your Honey Boxes
- Developed and manufactured by Calier Laboratories in Europe
* When the amount of brood is low and there are only 1-2 brood frames. 1. Sánchez Escudero, M.D., Fernández Tejedor, T., Calatayud Tortosa, F., Zabalgogeazcoa, I., Sánchez Martín, M. J. (2016). Fight against Varroosis in beehives. 2. Babiano Serrano, J.A. (2015).
The Apitraz Efficacy Test Report (Badajoz). 3. Casas Ramos, B. The Study of Apitraz to Control Varroa. Apicultura ibérica. 2013;4:24-29.