Mite Away Quick Strips+ (MAQS+) - 10 Dose Pail
SKU / MAQS+10
MAQS+ is a formic acid polysaccharide gel strip wrapped in a vapour releasing wick, developed for the treatment and control of Varroa mites in honeybees (Apis mellifera). MAQS+ is organically certified by BioGro NZ and is available in an easy to use, single application, 7 day treatment.
New Mite Away Quick Strips+ (MAQS+) is a formic acid gel strip wrapped in a vapour releasing wick, developed for Varroa treatment and control. Strips are placed in the brood rearing zone of a hive and causes mortality / infertility of the varroa mite both on bees and under the brood cap.
The backbone of this easy-to-use strip is a film made of BASF’s biodegradable plastic ecoflex®, a key component of the wick which surrounds the formic acid and saccharide (plant sugar) formulation. The ecoflex® and the bees control the release of the formic vapours into the hive, causing mortality to all life stages of both the female and the male varroa mite. During treatment ambient temperatures should range from 10 - 29.5c.
- Fast, single application, 7 day treatment
- Can be used during the honey flow*
- Ready to use
- Extended 24 month shelf life
- Organically certified by Biogro
- Used strips can remain in the hive until removed by the beekeeper
- Does not require temperature controlled storage
* New Zealand regulations relating to MAQS+ state that honey must be harvested at least 2 weeks after the end of the 1 week treatment.